The success of any company, large or small, is hugely affected by the people working in it. This is the main reason why every organization tries to outdo its competitors when it comes to hiring top talent. If you want attract and retain the best employees, you need to upgrade your recruitment strategies!
Here are 5 effective tips to put into action if you want to improve your recruitment process:
- Understand What You Need – Be clear about job requirements for each profile you advertise. This helps potential candidates know what to expect and whether they’re actually qualified to apply or not.
Setting clear expectations cuts down the time spent on the first stage of hiring, i.e. filtering through the applicant pool. It leaves your recruitment team free to focus on finding candidates who are a good fit, and making an offer before someone else does!
- Offer More Than Others Do – There’s no question that applicants are often swayed by companies offering better perks than others. This applies to both external and internal recruitment.
Hiring existing employees for new positions is better than recruiting fresh workers, since it reduces your costs and builds loyalty as well. Offer benefits such as employee development, referral and reward programs, and create a positive work environment so existing talent isn’t tempted to look elsewhere!
- Use Recruitment Software – If you haven’t invested an Applicant Tracking System or ATS, you may be wasting time, effort and manpower on the hiring process. Like any specialized technology, professional recruitment software helps you use your resources more effectively.
An ATS automates processes such as uploading candidate information, tracking candidate progress, scheduling interviews, and more. It improves hiring efficiency by reducing the recruiter workload and allowing your team to focus on more productive tasks.
- Boost Candidate Experience – People love feeling important, which is why businesses spend so much time working on customer experience. Apply the same techniques to job applicants if you want the best ones to join you!
A comfortable and effortless candidate experience is more likely to attract top talent. Even the applicants who don’t get hired will go away with a positive image of your company, which improves your reputation as an employer in the job market.
- Modernize Job Ads/Postings – Don’t rely only on traditional methods of advertising a job opening. Today’s candidates are using modern tools to find jobs, so you should be using these as well.
Post job ads on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms, along with traditional career sites and forums. If you use apps such as WhatsApp for group messaging, encourage employees to share job-related posts with their contacts.
Talent acquisition is becoming more important than ever in a world where competition is intense, and growing every day. If you want to stay ahead of everyone else, you need to use recruitment strategies that help you create a talented and loyal team!
Author Bio: Kelly Barcelos is a progressive digital marketing manager for Jobsoid – Applicant Tracking System. She is responsible for leading the content and social media teams at work. Her expertise and experience in the field of HR enables her to create value-driven content for her readers – both on Jobsoid’s blog and other guest blogs where she publishes content regularly.